Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The March of Progress

Hey, that wasn't an intentional omission. While I would say that I am more skilled in some dimensions, I fall horribly short to your own skills in many other areas.

But anyway! Today I'm going to show a little of my artistic progression, all via pictures of that lovable rascal, Nephyrem.


This particular image is from around... 2008, I think. It's hard to remember, and the image data isn't accurate since I moved computers. Anyway, the poor perspective and pretty boy look were pretty dominating factors at this time.


This one is from 2009, I believe, and shows my attempt to add a few more realistic elements to my art style, but it still hasn't escaped the pretty boy zone completely.



This image, from 2010, shows a return to a more stylistic, simple and clean (is the way that you're making me feel, tonight) style, but kind of a regression in many other ways.



This particular portrait appeared in 2011, and shows a newfound interest in the semi-realistic style, and does a lot to reconcile past issues. While not perfect by any means, it's more or less where I'm still at.

I hope you've enjoyed this walk down my memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment